Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Good Afternoon!

So I'm sitting up here in Heaven, relaxing a bit while the Universe spins around me, listening to my Angels and Cherubs singing praises and it suddenly hits me.

My iPod is the coolest invention in the last 10 years (trust me, I know things).

I mean, I appreciate all the attention the Heavenly Host deems fit to render unto me but sometimes I like listening to a little something different.

Currently I've been listening to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in anticipation of the newest book from my beautiful J.K. Rowling. I know, I know...why is God spending his time listening to the fictional tales of a boy wizard when there's work to be done and attention to be paid to very important things. That's easy. I like Harry Potter.

And I'll hear none of this "witchcraft is the domain of the devil" nonsense. Let me ask you something. Who created the universe and everything in it? That's right...I did. So if I created everything, then that means I created the concept of "witchcraft" as well.

What's so wrong with a little light and entertaining reading? Not everything I read has to be Death of a Salesman, Of Mice and Men, or Plato's Republic. Are you honestly trying to tell me that it's ok for you to read Dean Koontz, Jackie Collins and Nicholas Sparks but I can't read Harry Potter? Balderdash.

Let me give you all a little advice (which is kind of what I'm here for anyway), relax and live a little. Enjoy life...don't be so blasted serious all the time.

Sometimes you've got to slip on your invisibility cloak and sneak away to Hogsmeade for a butter beer with your friends.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger zandperl said...

This's hilarious! I'm going to keep an eye on your blog. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home