Sunday, July 03, 2005

Who else watched Live 8?

I was a little disappointed in the event if truth be told...mainly due to the TV coverage.

Yes, I watched Live 8 on TV...I could've gone to the events. I could've gone to them all at the same time actually, but there's no reason to be a show-off. I mean, why would I want to show up at all the Live 8 events and have everyone paying attention to me instead of the good things Sir Bob Geldof was trying to accomplish.

So the wife and I stayed home (what, you didn't know I was married? I'll tell you more about her in a later post.) and watched the festivities on VH1/MTV. I should've gone to the concerts instead.

It was like watching a student run TV show. You know how some high schools have a student TV studio and they present news shows and whatnot for Journalism classes? Well, it was like Mrs. Milford's freshman class was running the Live 8 broadcast. It was pathetic.

Just as soon as someone I really wanted to see come onstage, they'd cover them for a few minutes and then I'd have to sit and watch 2 vapid slacker losers chat and stammer over the band, completely obscuring the music. No one tuned in to see the stinking VJ's. We wanted to see Dave Matthews.

The final insult was watching Pink Floyd, who was performing with Roger Waters for the first time since 1981. They blasted out several classic Floyd hits including "Money" and "Comfortably Numb", but halfway through "Wish You Were Here" VH1 inexplicably decided to flip over to the 2 vapid slacker losers. Then, with Pink Floyd wailing in the background, VH1 went to commercial.

My wife had to nearly physically restrain me...I was so close to unleashing a biblical plague that it wasn't even funny. I was prepared to make what I did to Job look tame in comparison to what I wanted to do to the VH1 executive who decided to insert that damn commercial in the middle of Floyd's performance.

But all in all, the concert was for a good cause and it was good to see all the people who turned out to support the effort.

I have to say, I am growing a little tired of hearing guys like Bono talking about donating money...I mean, do any of you have any idea exactly how much money Bono has? Maybe he should take off his $500 sunglasses and $1,000 coat and give that money to the cause and buy some sensible clothes. I don't remember ever seeing Mother Teresa wearing a $10,000 Rolex.

Normally I don't work on Sunday, but since this is actually a comment on Saturdays events I figured I'd go ahead and have a say. So I hope everyone enjoys Sunday and I'll see you all again on Monday.

4 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Doris said...

So things go wrong even for God. Awww.

Pink Floyd were fab - sorry your enjoyment of it was ruined.... and I look forward to hearing abut Mrs God.

PS Good point about Mother Teresa not wearing a Rolex. Too true.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger God said...

Things go wrong for God all the time.

Look around, do you think I wanted things to turn out the way they have?

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Doris said...

God said, " Things go wrong for God all the time." Oh dear, so sorry to hear that.... would you like to share?! It must be very hard for you up on that lonely perch having so much responsibility. You need a counsellor or a coach.... my rates are very reasonable!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger God said...

No thanks Doris...I've got plenty of people up here who can give me advice.

I actually just got off the phone with Abraham Lincoln. He and Mary are coming by later tonight.

Mrs. God and I are going to take them out for dinner and a night out. Abe said it didn't matter where we went but he just didn't want to go to the theatre...he said it always gives him a splitting headache.

Thanks for the offer though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home