Monday, July 18, 2005

Sorry about missing Saturday's post!

I was occupied.

Saturday was Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince day at the Jehovah household.

I snuck out of the office early and got home around 4:15 and started reading around 4:30.

I finished the book a little after 11pm Saturday night.

I can't say too much, since I know some of you haven't read it yet. But let me say that it's quite good and I cannot wait to get my omnipotent hands on the next book, called Harry Potter & the......oh my, I almost ruined the suspense didn't I.

I don't think that Mrs. Rowling would be very happy with her creator if he gave away the title of her upcoming book...before she'd even written it too.

So you'll all just have to take my word for it everyone...it rocks.

Until tomorrow!

3 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Legendary blog going on here :D

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, I'm glad to see that you don't disapprove of Harry Potter. I've been listening to some talk radio lately, and many of the hard-core Christians insist that the new book promotes demonology and leads our kids straight down the highway to Hell. I don't suppose you'd have the free time to set those people straight would you?

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger God said...

These "Christian" parents need to embrace anything that encourages their children to stay inside and read. What exactly is so damn bad with sitting down and reading a book? It's called fantasy. I made the distinction between fantasy and reality very defined for a reason.

Why don't we all give our kids a little more credit intellectually. Most parents secretly realize how stupid they really are and find themselves struggling to make sure their kids don't turn out a dumb.

No one worries that reading the Bible might make people arrogant, ignorant, self-serving, close minded, hypocritical pricks. But a lot of devout "Christians" are intolerent, judgemental assholes. Which are exactly the sort of people I don't want hanging around in Heaven.

It all depends on how you take the literature you're reading. If you allow yourself to be swallowed by the subject your reading and subvert your God given common sense then you're headed for a bad ride.

Who's more likely to get in trouble...a kid who's sitting reading Harry Potter books or a kid out wandering the neighborhood unsupervised and unattended? My money's on the kid out on the streets.

Leave the judging to me folks...I'm a lot better equipped for it intellectually then you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home