Tuesday, July 26, 2005

God Says...watch the Daily Show. It's a religious experience.

I've gotta tell you folks. If you're missing the <I>Daily Show with Jon Stewart</I> then you're missing some of the best comedy on the planet. The only thing funnier is watching George W. Bush try to talk intelligibly during speeches. But I'm telling you, Jon Stewart's program is running a very close second.

Jon Stewart is a future employee of mine no doubt. Once he gets up here he's going to become an integral part of Heaven's Communication Department.

I can already see John the Baptist furrowing his brow at the thought of being supplanted by the honorable Mr. Stewart but he's got no need to worry. I'm not going to brush aside 2,000 years of seniority quite that easily. But I can certainly see Mr. Stewart becoming quite an asset in the Communications Department here in Heaven. I'm sure that once Johnny the B (that's what I call him...it's so much snazzier then "John the Baptist") has Stewart working for him he'll see the value that Jon can add to our operation.

First of all, Jon's not afraid to call you on your bullshit. If you get on his show and start talking some wacky non-sensical ultraconservative crap then he's going to call you on it. But, while he's calling you on it he's going to treat you with the same level of respect you give him. That means as long as you're cool with him, he'll be cool with you. But don't get all pissy with him because he'll beat your punk ass down and make you look like a fool at the same time.

I'm a no bullshit kind of deity and I like to surround myself with like minded individuals. Jon Stewart definitely fits that description. Let me tell you something, the last thing I need while I'm trying to run the Universe is a bunch of freakin' ass kissers. I've seen how well that works thank you very much and I've got no interest in playing that pointless little game.

With the inevitable addition of Jon Stewart all I need to do is persuade George Carlin to come work for me.

A God can dream can't he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home