Saturday, July 23, 2005

I'm back folks!

Sorry for the lack of posts the last couple of days.

Mrs. God was feeling a bit under the weather so I've been spending time with her once I get home from the office. But rest easy in knowing that my thoughts were with you all.

So, what's happened that needs commenting on?

GTA : San Andreas :
Well, the American Government gave GTA : San Andreas an "adults only" rating because there's a hidden sex scene in the PC version. That's right. The scene is, as of now anyway, totally unaccessable from any of the platform systems. PC game owners have to download a patch in order to get to the hidden scene. Apparantly it's perfectly OK to kill people/cops, steal cars, and basically be an ultraviolent little prick, but as soon as you start showing the little pixelated characters having sex then you've crossed the line. So once again America has given the go-ahead to extreme violence but put the kibosh on sexual activity. What exactly do these people think is so wrong with sex that it should be banned but death, murder and destruction are perfectly acceptable? I'm sorry, I just don't see the logic there at all.

Supreme Court Nominee John G. Roberts :
After Sandra Day O'Connor announced her retirement, the world has waited breathlessly to see which Bible Thumping Puritan would be picked by "W" to take her place. There wasn't much of a wait, and we were all introduced to John Roberts in short order. I don't know about the rest of America but when I heard Tom DeLay talking about what a fine moral man Roberts was I simply shook my head in disbelief. The beauty of picking "moral" men like Roberts is that it completely obscures the necessary line between the division of Church and State. Face it, countries that allow their Religious leaders to run them simply do not work...case in point, Afganistan.

James "Scotty" Doohan Dies
There's all kinds of funny little quips I could use in writing this. The inevtiable "beam me up" being first and foremost in my omniescient mind. But I'll not use any of them. From the viewpoint of your deity, I've always appreciated what Mr. Roddenberry had created in the idea of Star Trek. The world he portrayed was a virtual utopia. There was no money, no political/religious squabbles...simply mankind finally reaching the pinnacle of their development. Now granted, the ultimate goal of mankind in my mind is not to fly around in a space ship and pop in on every developing civilization in the cosmos. But the underlying themes of tolerence, acceptance and harmony are quite appealing to me. Would things really be that bad if humanity did turn out that way? There's no denying that Mr. Doohan was a large part of the Star Trek mythos, and there's also no denying that at the moment you need your heroes. Unfortunately, I needed Mr. Doohan up here with me.

That's all for now...things look to be a little slow today so I may pop back over to the house and check on the little lady. Maybe I'll settle down and play some Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic. I am hopelessly addicted to that game.

I'm still trying to decide how to get back at Satan for greenlighting the Smurfs...don't think I'm going to let that go unanswered.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey GOD have you unlocked the sex scene in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

If go full Light Side and select a sequence of conversational choices 25 times in a row, then Darth Malak drops trow and tea bags your face after he kills you. Then he rolls you over and ninja fucks the shit out of you! It's AWESOME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home