Sunday, July 24, 2005

Tempt not the Lord thy God.

Normally I don't post on Sunday, but this is a special circumstance.

As I was sitting around the Heavenly Residence, surfing the internet and checking my e-mail, I received a message from blogexplosion.com that someone had posted a comment about God's Blog, The Big Guy In The Sky. I rushed to the site and found to my surprise that the person leaving the comment had apparently not enjoyed their visit at all. So they posted this comment...

Anonymous Idiot : "This blog claims to be entertaining. Instead, it is drole and the concept is rather contrived."


Well as you can all imagine, I could hardly let that pass unanswered. So I visited the website of the person who left the comment and discovered that he's a law student, a republican and, this is simply my impression of him, a pompous and arrogant prick.

So then I went back to blogexplosion.com and added a reply to his comment with some insight of my own...

God : "First of all, you misspelled the word "droll". Which I would expect no less from a law student. Secondly, you seem to have attached a negative connotation to the word when it's defined as "comical in an odd or whimsical manner". So what you're saying is that my blog is "comical in an odd or whimsical manner" and "showing effects of planning or manipulation, or artificial: artificially formal". Sounds kind of mismatched to me. So in summation, don't try to impress the Almighty with big words when you clearly can't spell them and have no clue as to their meaning. When you do that it makes God cranky. Have a pleasant day chuckles."


The Almighty loves to hear your opinions in regards to this blog. We don't always have to agree but we can always be polite and literate in our discourses. But, I must insist that if you're going to comment on something I've done at least be intelligent enough to be able to express your opinion clearly. If not, then I don't have much patience for your dumb ass.

AND NOW, FOR YOUR GIGGLING PLEASURE...
GOD PRESENTS THE FUNNIEST HEADLINE EVER...


I saw this on yahoo.com last night...this is priceless.
"Depp's 'Chocolate Factory' has tasty opening"


I laughed for about 15 minutes. Maybe it was because I was tired...but this is the funniest headline I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Just imagine how many people saw it and thought it was a wonderful and witty lead in to a story. Did no one stop and go "wait a minute...that sounds kinda weird now that I think about it"?

3 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger God said...

I doubt it...I've got a little pull in that department.

you on the other hand...

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Depp's 'Chocolate Factory' has tasty opening"
"Depp's 'Chocolate Factory' has tasty opening"
"Depp's 'Chocolate Factory' has tasty opening"
"Depp's 'Chocolate Factory' has tasty opening"
"Depp's 'Chocolate Factory' has tasty opening"

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your blog is awesome God. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home