Sunday, July 31, 2005

God's First Movie Review!

Friday night I saw Must Love Dogs...or as it should be known...Must Love Diane Lane and John Cusack Enough to Sit Through This Mediocre Movie.

I knew going in that this was a chick flick. I was OK with that. I've been working a lot lately and Mrs. God was missing my divine presence. So I decided to suck it up, be a man and go see a movie that I wasn't especially thrilled about seeing just to spend some time with the wife.

That, ladies and gentlemen, was a mistake. I should've gone to see Sky High instead.

I guess as chick flicks go this one was OK...I almost feel asleep at one point which is never good news for a movie, chick flick or not. I've seen plenty of chick flicks before but never felt the urge to go to sleep in the theatre.

On the plus side, John Cusack and Diane Lane felt good together. They seemed to have a good chemistry onscreen but sadly there was not enough of their moments together to make the movie interesting. But I did find myself wanting them to be together so I guess the movie worked in that respect. But I only wanted them together because the movie actually seemed to live and breathe when they were together.

The acting was not stellar, considering Diane was up for an Oscar a few years ago. John was...well he was John. He's cool and quirky but basically the same character in every flick.

The worst part of this movie was without a doubt Dermot Mulroney. I could call his acting "wooden" or "cardboard" but I'm not sure those terms do his acting "style" justice. Every scene he's in made me laugh...and not in a good way. How does this guy get work in movies?

The dialogue was contrived in parts but hell, I knew I wasn't in for something that was going to change my existence.

If I had to rate it I would give it...Four out of Twelve Disciples.

I wish I could tell you it's better then that but at least you can look at smoking hot Diane Lane for 90 minutes. So it's not all bad.

Until next time children!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home